Due to COVID-19, OPEN ENROLLMENT will be held during the month of July this year. You will be able to enroll, and make changes, between 7/1/20 through 7/31/20.
The effective date for new enrollments and changes will be September 1, 2020.
Eligibility & Enrollment
Benefit eligible employees are active, full time employees that are scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week.
Effective Dates & Enrollment Deadlines
New Hires: benefits selected will be effective as of the first date of employment; enrollment information must be received in HR within 30 calendar days of hire date
Position changes (non-benefit eligible to benefit eligible): benefits will be effective the first date of the new position, enrollment information must be received in HR within 30 calendar days of the new position
Position changes (benefit eligible to non-benefit eligible): benefits will be terminated 30 calendar days from the effective date of the new position
Eligible participants: able to enroll or make policy changes during annual open enrollment or within 30 calendar days of a qualifying event
- Annual Open Enrollment is held during the month of May. All forms and documents must be submitted by the last business day in May. Changes become effective on July 1st.
- Annual Open Enrollment for flexible spending accounts is held during the month of November.
- Click here for a list of qualifying events. All forms and required documents must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the qualifying event. Click here for types of documents required.
All forms can be found within the specific topics below. Please print, sign, and date forms prior to sending.
Unless directed otherwise, please send forms to Theresa Sears at Central Office.
Medical - BCBS
Blue Cross Blue Shield has recently introduced electronic enrollment kits. This kit includes information such as plan benefit details, enrollment forms, pharmacy information, reimbursement forms and much more.
Enrollment Form w/Editable Fields (to allow you to fill in online)
Other Insurance Plans
Call Jeff Nelson (774)254-4328 to enroll or request additional information
- Accident Insurance
- cash paid directly to you
- family coverage is available
- Short-Term Disability
- customized plans
- maternity leave included after 10 months of being on a policy
- Cancer Insurance
- policies pay a first occurrence benefit of up to $12,000 to help with immediate costs
- policies continue to pay over the course of treatment
Call Peter Cook (781) 837-9222 or email Peter@LPINS.com for additional information.
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance Rates
- Life Insurance Enrollment Form
- Life Insurance Change of Beneficiary Form
- Long Term Disability Benefit Summary
- Long Term Disability Enrollment Form
Call Mike Rothberg (508)584-4044 for additional information
*Guaranteed issue for Boston Mutual and Mass Mutual is upon being hired or being moved into a benefit eligible position. Enrollment must be done with 30 calendar days.
You may apply for these during annual open enrollment, but enrollment is not a guarantee.
- Accident Insurance
Workers Compensation - MIIA
If you get hurt at/during work, please notify your school nurse to complete a work injury report.
Please notify Theresa Sears if you work at central office or the facilities office.
MIIA Contact Information
One Federal Street
Boston, MA 02110-2012
403(b) Retirement Savings
Flexible Spending Accounts - enrollment held during the month of November
Retirements & Resignations
Blue Cross Blue Shield has recently introduced electronic enrollment kits. This kit includes plan benefit details, enrollment forms, pharmacy information, and more.
Direct Deposit form (Medicare B Reimbursement for eligible participants)
Benefits will be terminated 30 calendar days from your last day of employment.
COBRA information will be mailed to you from a third-party vendor within a couple weeks of your exit date.
Column Change Request & Deadlines
- The request deadline per school year is September 15th.
- This deadline is for both September and January requests.
- If you are anticipating 2 column changes, 2 request forms are required.
- For September column changes, the document deadline is September 30th.
- For January column changes, the document deadline is February 1st.
Please send request forms and corresponding documents to Alisha Cardarelli at Central Office.
Courses & Documents
- taken at an accredited college or university
- graduate level
- taken after obtaining a Masters (to advance beyond Masters column)
- TSP advancement: please refer to contract for specifics
- stipends: please refer to contract for specifics
- original, official transcripts
- e-transcripts (emailed directly to Human Resources with password protection)
- SmartPD course record printouts (course lists on the left and credit totals on the right)
*Transcripts for the Masters column must include the degree earned and the date it was awarded.
Apply for course reimbursement by completing the course approval form and submitting it to your principal for pre-approval signatures.
After completing the course:
- notify your main office to sign off on the form
- send your proof of payment and transcript to Alisha Cardarelli in Human Resources
The same transcript policy as column changes will apply. Please see acceptable documents above.
Course Work Record in Aspen
You can view your course work record at anytime. Once in Aspen, make sure you are in the "Staff View" located on the top right. Then click on "My Info" near the upper left. The "Course Work" tab is on the left of your screen.
Transcripts only need to be submitted once. If a course is listed here, it can be applied to a column change and/or used towards a pre-approved course reimbursement.