1:1 Chromebook Initiative
END OF SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021
Collection of Chromebook Devices and Care of Equipment
GRADE 5 & GRADE 8
CHROMEBOOKS WILL BE COLLECTED
Devices and power adapters will need to be returned to their respective elementary and middle school prior to the end of the school year. Please check with your Principal for more information.
- Grade 5 students -- please return your Chromebook case.
- Grade 8 students -- please keep your Chromebook case in a safe place at home. You will need it when you pick your new Chromebook up at your high school.
School year 2021-2022:
- Grade 5 devices will be assigned to their classroom/classroom teacher.
- Students entering Grade 6 at each middle school will be issued a new Chromebook for their use in Grades 6, 7, and 8.
- Students entering Grade 9 at each high school will be issued a new Chromebook for their use in Grade 9, 10, 11, and 12.
LOANER CHROMEBOOKS AND MOBILE HOTSPOTS
Any family who borrowed a Chromebook and/or a Mobile Hotspot at the end of last year should return it to their home building.
CARE OF YOUR DEVICE OVER THE SUMMER (students entering Grades 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12)
Please remember our care tips on page 9 of our Chromebook Manual.
Summer Care Tips for your PPS issued Device:
- Do not leave out in the sun. This will destroy the device.
- Avoid leaving your electronics in extreme heat.
- Don't charge your phone under cushions.
- Keep your devices out of direct sunlight in the car.
- Use the case supplied with your PPS Chromebook.
- Do not take the device to the beach. Sand can get inside and do damage. In addition, having the device out in the sun is not good for the life of the device.
- Allow for airflow. Give your equipment a little breathing room.
- Position electronics away from heat. Never place your computer by a window under direct sunlight.
- Don't stack devices. Electronic devices get hot enough on their own.
- Keep it clean. Do not spray directly on the device. Lightly spray a cleaning cloth.
- In case of emergency, shut down.
- Power the device down when not in use and store in a safe place.
The Plymouth Public Schools is very excited that we were fortunate to be able to implement a 1:1 Chromebook initiative during the school year 2020-2021. The purpose of our initiative is to promote equitable access to technology and enhance our learning environment. This will allow for seamless integration of technology under the direction of staff.
Grades 6 through 12: We will distribute a Chromebook to each student to use for educational purposes during the school year if parents/guardians have agreed to our Loan of Technology Agreement.
Grades K through 5: Class sets of Chromebooks will be supplied to all classroom teachers for individual use by each student.
Plymouth Public Schools purchases and owns the Chromebook devices. When a student leaves the district, the Chromebook must be returned to their school Principal's office.
Julia Zangl Colby, Education Technology Coordinator
PPS CHROMEBOOK 1:1 HANDBOOK
PPS Chromebook 1:1 Handbook (PDF Version)
PPS STUDENT ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
CHROMEBOOK INSURANCE INFORMATION
LOAN OF TECHNOLOGY AGREEMENT
TEACHER INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES