KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT 2022-2023
Kindergarten Registration Open - February 1, 2022
- Parents/Guardians must register eligible students on the PPS website at Student Registration
- To enroll a child must have reached their fifth birthday on or before September 1, 2022
- A street listing with school assignments is available on the PPS website at School Assignment by Street
- All required documentation must be provided to complete the registration
- Parents/Guardians MUST schedule an appointment with the building secretary to finalize registration
- Registration appointments will be coordinated through the email provided in the Parent Portal
- Eligible students do not need to be present during registration
Registration Appointments - February 28 - March 1
Parents will be contacted by the building secretary to schedule appointments.Kindergarten Screenings - May 31 - June 17
Incoming Kindergarten students are screened at their assigned elementary school using the Kindergarten Diagnostic Inventory (KDI).
Kindergarten Informational - Meeting Prior to the end of the school year
Elementary schools provide an informational meeting for families of incoming kindergarten students. Each school has a unique format for this meeting. Check with your child’s school for more information.
Teacher Assignments - Week of August 22
Parents will be notified of their child’s kindergarten teacher. Notification will come in the mail and/or via email.
REQUIRED Outside Documentation Needed for Registration Appointments
The following documentation is needed for your Kindergarten Registration Appointment:
(1) Proof of Residency **
To attend Plymouth Public Schools, a student must reside in the Town of Plymouth. Families registering must demonstrate Plymouth residency as outlined in the Plymouth Public Schools Proof of Residency Guidelines in the registration packet. If the parent/guardian cannot produce the documentation to prove residency, a notarized Residency Affidavit is required.
(2) Child’s Original Birth Certificate
A municipally issued copy with a raised stamp or seal. Hospital documentation is not accepted.
(3) Most current Physical Exam with proof of Lead Screening and Immunizations **
Most physicians will provide a computer-generated school health record that includes all immunizations and lead screening after a physical. The following vaccination series is required for Kindergarten and is due before entrance in September. Although immunizations may not be complete by registration, they need to be completed to attend school in the fall. Hepatitis B, Varicella (Chicken Pox), DTaP or DTP, Polio, and MMR vaccinations.
**Information required for Plymouth Early Childhood Center Students
Elementary School Directory
Cold Spring Elementary | 25 Alden Street
(T) 508-830-4335 / (F) 508-830-4328
Federal Furnace Elementary | 860 Federal Furnace Road
(T) 508-830-4360 / (F) 508-830-4362
Hedge Elementary | 258 Standish Ave
(T) 508-830-4340 / (F) 508-830-4341
Indian Brook Elementary | 1181 State Road
(T) 508-830-4370 / (F) 508-830-4373
Manomet Elementary | 70 Manomet Point Road
(T) 508-830-4380 / (F) 508-830-4387
Nathaniel Morton Elementary | 6 Lincoln Street
(T) 508-830-4320 / (F) 508-830-4324
South Elementary | 178 Bourne Road
(T) 508-830-4390 / (F) 508-830-4398
West Elementary | 170 Plympton Road
(T) 508-830-4350 / (F) 508-830-4442
Translation services for Non-English speaking parents are available: Contact Mari Costa at 508-224-5076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Serviços de intérprete gratuito estão disponíveis entrando em contato com Mari Costa em 508-224-5076 ou e-mail email@example.com