Welcome to the PPS Benefits Department
To some, the Benefits offered by an employer are a “must have” and to others, they are a “nice to have”, and to most, they are “complicated and confusing”. It is my pleasure to help both the active employees and the retirees understand and get the most out of the benefits they choose to participate.
The Town of Plymouth offers an array of benefits ranging from health to dental to life and more. Within the Benefits page of the website you will find information and necessary forms for all benefits offered by the town.
If you at any time have a question or an issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Benefits Coordinator Contact: Ms. Theresa Sears
The Office of the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Plymouth Public Schools, 253 South Meadow Road, Plymouth, MA 02360
Phone: 508-224-5061; Fax: 508-746-1873
Email: Contact Ms. Theresa Sears by EMail
For each of the topics below, click the title for additional information and resources.
No announcements at this time. Please check here periodically for information on upcoming events, important dates and deadlines.
Eligibility & Enrollment
Benefit eligible employees are active, full time employees that are scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week.
Effective Dates & Enrollment Deadlines
New Hires: benefits selected will be effective as of the first date of employment; enrollment information must be received in HR within 30 calendar days of hire date
Position changes (non-benefit eligible to benefit eligible): benefits will be effective the first date of the new position, enrollment information must be received in HR within 30 calendar days of the new position
Position changes (benefit eligible to non-benefit eligible): benefits will be terminated 30 calendar days from the effective date of the new position
Eligible participants: able to enroll or make policy changes during annual open enrollment or within 30 calendar days of a qualifying event
- Annual Open Enrollment is held during the month of May. All forms and documents must be submitted by the last business day in May. Changes become effective on July 1st.
- Annual Open Enrollment for flexible spending accounts is held during the month of November.
- Click here for a list of qualifying events. All forms and required documents must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the qualifying event. Click here for types of documents required.
All forms can be found within the specific topics below. Please print, sign, and date forms prior to sending.
Unless directed otherwise, please send forms to Theresa Sears at Central Office.
Other Insurance Plans
Call Jeff Nelson (774)254-4238 to enroll or request additional information
- Accident Insurance
- cash paid directly to you
- family coverage is available
- Short-Term Disability
- customized plans
- maternity leave included after 10 months of being on a policy
- Cancer Insurance
- policies pay a first occurrence benefit of up to $12,000 to help with immediate costs
- policies continue to pay over the course of treatments
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance Rates
- Life Insurance Enrollment Form
- Life Insurance Change of Beneficiary Form
- Long Term Disability Benefit Summary
- Long Term Disability Enrollment Form
Call Mike Rothberg (508)584-4044 for additional information
*Guaranteed issue for Boston Mutual and Mass Mutual is upon being hired or being moved into a benefit eligible position. Enrollment must be done with 30 calendar days.
You may apply for these during annual open enrollment, but enrollment is not a guarantee.
- Accident Insurance
Leaves of Absence (coming soon!)
Workers Compensation - MIIA
If you get hurt at/during work, please notify your school nurse to complete a work injury report.
Please notify Theresa Sears if you work at central office or the facilities office.
MIIA Contact Information
One Federal Street
Boston, MA 02110-2012
Retirements & Resignations
Blue Cross Blue Shield has recently introduced electronic enrollment kits. This kit includes plan benefit details, enrollment forms, pharmacy information, and more.
Direct Deposit form (Medicare B Reimbursement for eligible participants)
Benefits will be terminated 30 calendar days from your last day of employment.
COBRA information will be mailed to you from a third-party vendor within a couple weeks of your exit date.