Mentoring and Induction Program
A Mentor offers support and advice to the novice teacher helping them transition into the teaching profession.
The Plymouth Public School System is dedicated to providing quality mentoring and support to all new staff with Massachusetts’s initial or preliminary licensure. The program combines one-on-one contact on regular basis with joint workshops on topics of interest to new educators. This program is approved by the Massachusetts Department of Education for the fulfillment of the mentoring requirement for professional licensure.
Erik Cioffi, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Contact Mr. Erik Cioffi by EMail
Erica Lewis, Secondary Coordinator
Contact Mrs. Erica Lewis by EMail
Christine Morgan, Elementary Coordinator
Contact Mrs. Christine Morgan by EMail
Program Expectations & Support
- Three year program. New Educational staff will need to participate in 50 hours of mentoring beyond induction.
- The Mentor-Protege relationship is confidential, informative and supportive.
- Induction workshops are held in August prior to the start of the school year.
- Mentors and Proteges meet weekly for a total of 35 hours in a school year. Proteges attend 4 required workshops.
- Classroom observation visits by both Mentor and Protege for non-evaluative support.
- Mentors attend mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Participate in a Book Study group.
- Participate in the Skillful Teacher course.
- Share information about the Common Core, best teaching practices, planning, assessment and teaching for understanding.
Classroom Management / Home School Partnerships:
- Provide assistance with routines, organization, assessment and best practices leading to high levels of instructional rigor and engagement.
- Share methods related to conferencing and communication with colleagues and parents.
- Review district wide policies and resources adopted by the Plymouth Public Schools.
The members of the Advisory Board encourage you to contact them with any questions or concerns.
Nancy Cavicchi, MES
(508)830-4380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Liason
Amy Ring, PCIS
(508)830-4450 or email@example.com
High School Liason
Matt Carpenito, PSHS
(508)224-7512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary level: Lori Rush, HES
(508)830 or email@example.com
Secondary level: Gioia Tango, PSHS
(508)224-8769 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Carilyn Rains, PSMS
(508)224-2725 or email@example.com