Substitute Teaching Information
Plymouth Public Schools substitute teachers earn $80.00 per day if certified by the DESE and $70.00 if not certified. If the substitute remains in the same teaching position for 20 consecutive days, the rate will increase on the 21st day for the remainder of the assignment. The long-term rate is based on a Bachelors/step 1 per the current salary schedule located in the EAPC contract.
To begin the process of becoming a substitute teacher, please complete the forms and gather the information listed below. Once your packet is complete, contact Linda McKenna in Human Resources to schedule an appointment and review your paperwork.
The Office of the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Plymouth Public Schools, 11 Lincoln Street, Plymouth, MA 02360
Phone: 508-224-5022; Fax: 508-746-1873
There is a formal application process that is required in order to be placed on the substitute list. You must fulfill all of the criteria below. (Links lead to PDF forms that you can download and fill out; if you do not have Adobe Acrobat, click the following link for the free download: Adobe Reader download link)
- Process Initiation Form (Please include email address at the bottom of this form.)
- Certificated Application
- W-4 2019
- Direct Deposit Form
- Transcript documentating a minimum of two years of college (60 credits)
- OBRA Form & Information Guide (Commonwealth of MA Deferred Compensation Plan)
- CORI Form (Criminal Offender Record Information)
- I-9 Form (Employment Eligibility Verification)
- SSA Form (Statement Concerning Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security)
- State Mandated Ethics Training (Sign & print completion certificate at the end of online training)
- Schedule an Appointment to be Fingerprinted (Please use provider ID# 02390000 when prompted.)
Substitutes Explanatory Information
The Plymouth School District Substitute Office continues to strive to provide better service to all our substitutes and staff. We utilize the Aspen platform, which is also our Student Management System to accomplish this. We believe utilizing Aspen helps our substitutes once they are in the building and substituting in classrooms.