Substitute Teaching Information
Plymouth Public Schools substitute teachers earn $125.00 per day if currently certified by the MA DESE and $110.00 if not currently certified. If a substitute remains in the same teaching position for 20 consecutive days, the rate will increase on the 21st day for the remainder of the assignment. The long-term rate is based on a Bachelors / step 1 per the current salary schedule located in the EAPC contract.
*To begin the process of becoming a substitute teacher, please complete the 8 Employment Criteria below and bring items 1-6 to Human Resources between 8:30am and 3:30pm, Monday through Friday. If you prefer to complete forms 1-4 in person, substitute packets are available at our front desk. After review of the items below, you will be emailed further information.
If you would like to schedule an in-person meeting to discuss the process, please email Alisha Cardarelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to bringing in your paperwork.
The Office of the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Plymouth Public Schools, 11 Lincoln Street, Plymouth, MA 02360
Employment Criteria Links below lead to PDF forms that you can download and fill out; if you do not have Adobe Acrobat, click the following link for the free download: Adobe Reader download link).
3. CORI Form and either a driver's license or a valid passport.
4. I-9 Form and 1-2 forms of ID listed on the acceptable documents page.
5. College transcript documenting a minimum of 60 credits (e-transcripts are accepted)
6. A copy of your current Massachusetts Educator license (if applicable)
7. State Mandated Ethics Training for Municipalities Please complete this one-hour online training session.
8. Schedule an Appointment to be Fingerprinted Please use provider ID# 02390000 when prompted. **If you have been fingerprinted for another district within the past 7 years, you can request a letter of suitability from that district instead of being reprinted.